You'll need to verify two things in order to receive your funds successfully on GoFundMe.
1. Your identity.
If you're from a supported country, you will need to fill out your personal details such as name, address, phone number, tax ID and date of birth (must be at least 18 years of age). If this information can't be automatically verified, then there's a chance you'll need to provide a copy of your government issued photo ID. All of the following are acceptable forms of ID:
- Valid Passports
- US Driver's Licenses
- UK Driver's License Photo ID
- EU National ID Card
2. Your banking information. You will need to use a bank account in your name that is located in the country you signed up in.
You’ll be able to fill out your bank information from within your account. Keep in mind, if there are any issues with verifying your bank account, our payment processor may require a bank statement or voided check to confirm that the information is correct. This will help protect you against missing withdrawals.
Final tip: If you do have to upload any of the above documentation, it will take our payment partner up to 1 business day to review and approve the information you sent over. This can extend the time it takes for you to receive your funds, so it’s important to plan around that.
Note that bank deposits also take 2-5 business days to arrive from the time they are sent.
To withdraw your funds:
- First, sign in to your account.
- Campaign organizers will need to select the 'Withdraw' button while beneficiaries are taken straight to the withdrawal screen
- Follow the prompts from there to enter the necessary information.
If you receive an error when withdrawing that says "Something went wrong - Contact our team" this could be due to a number of reasons. You'll want to check the following:
- Do you have the correct routing number? In the US, routing numbers are 9 digits long and you will need to use the number for ACH transfers only. Contact your bank for the most accurate information.
- Are you entering the correct state or province code? It will need to be 2 letters long. For example, if you are in California, you will need to enter "CA". If you are in Alberta, you will need to enter "AB".
- Are you entering an address that starts with a letter? If so, you'll need to start the address with a number then a letter. P.O. Box addresses can be entered if you are requesting a check.