Updates are sent to the donors from your fundraiser, as long as they haven't unsubscribed from GoFundMe emails. They're a great way to rally support, rejuvenate your fundraiser and let donors know what has happened since they made their donation. An excellent benefit of these updates is continued momentum for your fundraiser. If your supporters see your GoFundMe is making progress, they may want to share again to help you reach your goal!
Ideas for posting updates
- Let your supporters know how grateful you are for their help so far
- Give an update on how you (or your beneficiary) is doing—and share a photo!
- Simply ask supporters to continue sharing the fundraiser to get the word out—this is the most important thing
- If applicable, share some of the kind comments that donors have posted with their donations
- If you still need support, remind supporters that even a $5 donation or a share will get you closer to fulfilling your goal
Here is an example of what an update might look like:
Hi everyone, I want to take this opportunity to thank you all for your thoughts and donations which have made a big difference for my sick puppy.
Sparky thanks you too and is feeling a bit better today after his trip to the vet earlier. He'll need to go back next week for more shots. If you can, please share our fundraiser link <link> with 3 animal lovers you know over social media, email, or text with a quick message about why you donated. Spreading the word is a huge help to us as Sparky continues to recover. More photos to come next week!
Here is what your donors will see when they receive an update email from you:
To post an update from a computer or mobile phone, please:
- Sign into your GoFundMe account and navigate to the correct fundraiser
- Select the ''Updates'' button
- Write your update where it says “Share your news...” in the box and click ''Add photo or video' to add your images or videos
- Select the ''Facebook, Twitter, and Donors & followers'' options to spread your update beyond GoFundMe. Uncheck these options if you would prefer not to share there
- Select ''Post Update''
To edit or delete an update, use the steps above to select the correct update and then select the three tiny vertical dots to the right and choose ''Edit update'' or ''Delete update''. Be sure to save your changes.
Steps to post an update from a computer or mobile device shown above.
To post an update from the GoFundMe app, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your GoFundMe account in the mobile app
- Select "My campaigns" from the menu on the bottom
- Select the fundraiser you'd like to manage
- Tap “Update," at the bottom of the screen and select "Write text update" to write your message. If you’d like to include a photo or video, select "Enable camera access"
- Select "Post" when you're ready
To delete an update, follow the steps above to locate your updates, then select the one you would like to remove. Click the 3 vertical dots to the right of the update, and select ‘delete’.
Remember to post updates often, to sustain the momentum you create with your fundraiser!