If your account was created to raise funds in Canadian dollars, and you'd like to send your donations to another Canadian citizen, GoFundMe will need to transfer ownership of your WePay account to the new beneficiary. You will not have successful withdrawals into someone else’s bank information if the WePay account is still in your name.
Please note that transferring your WePay account to someone else also means any future campaigns created under your GoFundMe account will be connected to your beneficiary's payment information. You'll want to create a new GoFundMe account if you'd like to start a new campaign for something else. We can always assist you with this down the road!
First, please log in to your WePay account and add your beneficiary’s email as the new primary email address. Here’s how:
1. Log directly into WePay at https://www.wepay.com/login using your WePay email address.
2. Click on your name in the upper right hand corner and choose the 'My Profile' option
3. Select the email address tab and click 'Edit' next to the email address on file
4. Enter your beneficiary's email address
5. Click that 'Edit email' button again to save - very important!
6. Once you've done that, a verification email will be sent to the address
7. Your beneficiary will need to confirm their email address by following the instructions in the verification email they'll receive
8. Once confirmed, your WePay account will reflect the beneficiary's email address
Once you’ve added their email, please visit this link here, then click the 'I Still Need Help' button and send our team the following information:
- The name of your beneficiary
- The beneficiary's relationship to the campaign
- The email address they will be using (the one you just added to WePay)
- Confirm you've added your beneficiary's email to the WePay account
We'll then work with you and your beneficiary to complete the transfer!