When you connect your Facebook profile for the first time, you are asked to allow the GoFundMe app to access your:
- Public profile: this is so we can display your Facebook name and your profile picture on your GoFundMe campaign.
- Friend list: to display your friend count. This adds to your credibility!
- Email address: to allow you to sign in to GoFundMe using your Facebook account.
- Photos: to allow you to use Facebook pictures on your GoFundMe campaign.
- Friends' photos: to allow you to use pictures that your friends have tagged you in.
- Post to friends on your behalf: if you choose to include Facebook in your GoFundMe updates, they will post to your Facebook news feed and be visible to your friends. We will NEVER post to your friends' walls!
If you deny or skip either of these, the connection between GoFundMe and Facebook won't be complete and you'll continue to see a message that your Facebook app has expired!