When you connect your Facebook profile for the first time, you are asked to allow the GoFundMe app certain permissions:
- Public profile: this is so we can display your Facebook name and your profile picture on your GoFundMe campaign.
- Friend list: to display your friend count. This adds to your credibility!
- Email address: to allow you to sign in to GoFundMe using your Facebook account.
- Photos: to allow you to use Facebook pictures on your GoFundMe campaign.
- Friends' photos: to allow you to use pictures that your friends have tagged you in.
- Post to friends on your behalf: if you choose to include Facebook in your GoFundMe updates, they will post to your Facebook news feed and be visible to your friends. We will NEVER post to your friends' walls!
If you deny or skip any of these, the connection between GoFundMe and Facebook won't be complete and will prevent you from completing some actions on GoFundMe.
To fix this, follow these steps:
- Sign in at www.gofundme.com/sign-in and select the three lines at the top
- Select "Account Settings" from the drop-down menu
- Click the "Facebook" tab located in the menu on the left
- Click on the link labeled "Disconnect my Facebook Account''
- Select "Yes" for the "Are you sure you want to disconnect your Facebook?" question
- Next, sign in to your Facebook account on your computer.
- Click the dropdown menu at the top right corner of your screen, then click "Settings."
- Select "Apps" from the menu on the left (on a mobile device it will be under "Security" then select the Logged in with Facebook "Edit" button).
- Remove the GoFundMe app by checking the box or circle next to GoFundMe
- Select the blue "Remove" button
- Go back to your GoFundMe Dashboard, re-visit the 'Account Settings' screen, then reconnect your Facebook profile
- Approve the connection to Facebook and make sure you approve each of the 3 permissions GoFundMe needs to work properly with Facebook