If you are raising funds for a beneficiary, we strongly recommend that they withdraws the funds directly, for these reasons:
- You're not personally liable for any taxes that may apply
- Future donors will see your beneficiary is receiving the funds directly, further adding to your campaign's credibility (Click here for an example of how this looks.)
- Your beneficiary can easily withdraw the funds and leave automatic withdrawals turned on
To invite someone else to accept their donations, just click the 'Withdraw' button on your Dashboard and select the option for 'Someone Else' to withdraw. If you don't see this option, please contact our team.
If you’ve considered these points and would still like to withdraw the donations, it’s best that you post an update on the campaign that explains:
- How you are related to your beneficiary
- That you will be withdrawing the funds in your name
- How exactly you will be delivering the funds to your beneficiary
If you’ve already sent an invitation, click 'Cancel Invite' on the beneficiary information screen.
If you haven’t sent an invitation, you can click 'Myself' or 'I'll Withdraw' on the beneficiary invitation screen.