If you are raising funds for someone else, we strongly recommend that you set them up as the beneficiary, rather than withdraw them yourself.
Reasons you should send a beneficiary invitation:
- The funds are to benefit someone else
- Future donors will see your beneficiary is receiving the funds directly, further adding to your GoFundMe's credibility (Click here for an example of how this looks.)
- Your beneficiary can easily set up automatic withdrawals and receive all funds directly
To invite someone else to accept their donations, just select the "Withdraw" button on your dashboard and select the option for "Someone Else" to withdraw. If you don't see this option, please contact our team.
If you’ve considered these points and would still like to withdraw the donations, it’s best that you post an update on the GoFundMe that explains the following:
- How you are related to your beneficiary
- That you will be withdrawing the funds in your name
- How exactly you will be delivering the funds to your beneficiary
If you’ve already sent an invitation, select "Cancel Invite" on the beneficiary information screen.
Note: If you haven’t sent an invitation, you can choose "Myself" on the beneficiary invitation screen so you can withdraw the funds into your own account.