When you set up withdrawals, you'll be asked to indicate who will withdraw your donations.
You’ll want to click 'Myself' if….
- The money is actually for you
- The money is for someone under the age of 18 and you’re their parent or guardian
- You’re raising money for a charity/organization that you’re not directly affiliated with (Raising donations for the Red Cross? Choose ‘Myself’ and deliver it to the organization outside of GoFundMe)
- Your beneficiary is unable to set up withdrawals themselves, or would prefer you to handle it for them
Note: if you're going to withdraw on behalf of your beneficiary, make sure you've read this article:
Choose ‘Someone Else’ if…
- Your donations want for a friend / family member and they handle the money directly
- You’re raising money for an organization you work for, but need your accountant/financial admin to handle the withdrawals