After you add your beneficiary’s name and email to the account, they need to:
- Check their email address (the one you entered)
- Open the invitation from GoFundMe
- Click ‘Accept Money’ within the invitation email
- Set up their new GoFundMe beneficiary account by going through all the steps, including adding their bank information
And that’s it! Some common issues your beneficiary might have are:
They’re not getting the email invitation
Have them check their junk/spam folder! If it’s still not there, they can try one of these options:
- Have they used GoFundMe before? If yes, then have them visit www.gofundme.com/sign-in and log in using the email you sent an invite to. We’ll automatically ask them to accept the funds you raised!
- If they haven’t used GoFundMe before, have them visit www.gofundme.com/sign-up and create an account using the email you sent an invite to. We’ll automatically get them started with the process of creating their GoFundMe beneficiary account
I sent an invitation to the wrong email
Don’t worry! Just click the option to send an invite to another email. You can then change the email your beneficiary receives their invitation to.