After an invite has been sent, beneficiaries need to take the following steps to accept the money:
- Check their email address used to send the invite
- Open the invitation from GoFundMe
- Select "Accept Money" within the invitation email
- Set up their GoFundMe password and create their account
- Confirm their email using a 2nd separate message that is sent to them
- Log back in to GoFundMe and follow the steps to receive the funds
If you or your beneficiary are having trouble, please make sure to check the junk/spam folder of the address where the invite was sent. If it’s still not there, they can try one of these options:
- If there is an existing GoFundMe account under this email, try going to GoFundMe directly and logging in. Upon logging in, the option to "Accept" will be presented.
- If there is not an existing GoFundMe account under this email, try signing up for a new GoFundMe account using the email where the invite was sent.
- If you are having trouble with this, please contact our team and we can help reset your password, or ensure that the invite was sent to the correct address.
If the invite was sent to the wrong email address, the organizer or campaign creator can also click the option to send an invite to another email from within their account.