This article is a guide for GoFundMe beneficiaries that have been added to a fundraiser by an organizer. Before adding a beneficiary to your fundraiser, be sure that individual meets all withdrawal requirements for your selected currency and is currently located in a supported country.
How a beneficiary account works
When an organizer adds a beneficiary, an email invitation is sent asking them to claim the beneficiary account. Once the beneficiary has accepted that invitation, a separate but linked GoFundMe account is created for them. The beneficiary can then access the funds and request a withdrawal while still allowing the GoFundMe organizer to manage all other aspects of the fundraiser.
How to receive funds from a fundraiser created for you
- Check your email for the invitation that the GoFundMe organizer should have sent you
- Select "Accept Money" within the invitation email
- Set up your GoFundMe password and create your account
- Confirm your email using a 2nd separate message that is sent to you
- Log back in to GoFundMe and follow the steps to receive the funds
Important information after you've accepted your beneficiary invitation:
- As the beneficiary, you’ll have sole access to the funds raised on your fundraiser.
- You'll need to withdraw the funds within 90 days of the first donation, otherwise all donations will be refunded.
- You will need be able to use your own email address and password to access the beneficiary account and make changes to your withdrawal settings (such as updating your bank account).
How to make changes to your fundraiser as a beneficiary
If you would like to make changes to the GoFundMe, such as editing the GoFundMe description or adding photos, you will need to reach out to the organizer to make these changes on your behalf.
You can also ask your organizer to transfer the GoFundMe to you, so you can have direct access to all the editing features. To transfer the GoFundMe to you, just contact our team and we’ll help with the transfer process.