If you're expecting money in your bank and it hasn't arrived, we recommend taking the following steps:
1. Double check how long it's been since the transfer was started. Transfers take 2-5 business days (Monday-Friday) to arrive in your bank account from the date sent.
If it has been under 5 business days since the money was sent out from GoFundMe, check for the money again on the evening of the 5th business day
If it has been over 5 business days since the money was sent out from GoFundMe, check with your bank to see if they can find the money within the expected dates
2. If a transfer hasn't arrived within 5 business days, it's typically due to an error in one of your bank account numbers, or the name sent with the transfer doesn't match what the bank has on file.
Double check your bank information and re-enter it in your account.
To edit or re-enter your banking information, simply follow these steps:
- Sign in here
- Find your "Withdraw" button
- Select "View withdrawal overview"
- Select the pencil to the right of "Bank information"
- Add your new account information and select "Confirm" to complete the change
Once you've updated this information, it can take 10 business days from the date the transfer was sent for the receiving bank to reject the transfer and send it back to your GoFundMe account. At that time, the funds will be sent again using your updated information.
3. If you haven't received your funds within 10 business days after they were sent, and they have not returned to your GoFundMe account, please contact our team and we can help!
For more information on how withdrawals work in general, check out this article.