This article explains everything you need to know to make changes to your fundraiser after it’s already been created. For additional support, and advice directly from other GoFundMe Organizers, please check out our GoFundMe Community.
How to edit your fundraiser:
- Sign in to your GoFundMe account.
- Select your name in the top right corner.
- Choose “Your fundraisers.” Locate the fundraiser you’d like to view and click “Manage.”
- Choose the "Edit and Settings" button under your fundraiser title. On your mobile device, simply select "Edit" at the bottom of your screen.
From there, you can update the public information shown on the fundraiser as well as edit the fundraiser settings by scrolling down. Be sure to save your changes before moving on!
For beneficiaries or team members who did not create the fundraiser, you’ll need to contact the GoFundMe organizer to request that they make changes to the fundraiser on your behalf. If you reach out to GoFundMe for assistance with edits to your fundraiser, we will still need the GoFundMe organizer’s permission before we can take action.
From the “Edit” button, you can change:
- Fundraiser story
- Goal amount
- Fundraiser title
- Main image of the fundraiser
- Fundraiser link
- Add a Team
- Turn on/off Comments
- Turn on/off donations
- Deactivate your GoFundMe
Advice on editing your goal amount
If you reach your fundraiser goal, your fundraiser will still continue to accept donations. If you don’t reach your goal, you can still keep your funds.
If you decide to increase your goal amount, we’d recommend posting a fundraiser update to explain why you made that change and how the additional donations will be used.