GoFundMe's platform fee has been eliminated in almost all countries now. We’re now powered by tips from our donors that allow us to improve and operate our service. There is a standard transaction fee of 2.9% plus $0.30 per donation that allows for credit card processing and safe transfer of funds. That’s taken from each donation in real-time, so you never need to worry about getting billed or owing us any money.
How to switch from a 5% fee to a 0% fee
If you are located in a country that has updated to our newest pricing model, creating a new GoFundMe campaign or account will automatically update you to the 0% platform fee. Your country and payment processor will determine whether you will need to start fresh with an entirely new account or not.
US, Canada, United Kingdom, France, German, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, and Spain (no existing Stripe account)
Create a new campaign with these steps:
1. Sign in to your GoFundMe account
2. Select the three lines at the top right of your screen
3. Select "Start a GoFundMe" from the drop-down menu
4. Follow the instructions to create a new campaign
Australia, United Kingdom, France, German, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, and Spain (with an existing Stripe account)
Option 1: Delete your existing GoFundMe account.
- Sign in to your GoFundMe account
- Select your menu bar (the three green lines)
- Select "Account Settings" from the drop-down menu
- Select "Delete Account", then confirm your selection by selecting “Delete my Account”
- You may then create a brand new GoFundMe account under the same email address by going to www.gofundme.com/sign-up where you’ll no longer require a Stripe account to withdraw funds.
You will not be able to access any of the GoFundMe campaigns from your previous account once this is done, but you'll always be able to withdraw the funds raised by signing into your Stripe account here.
Option 2: Use a different email address than the one you originally signed up with.
You may then create a brand new GoFundMe account by going to www.gofundme.com/sign-up.
If you're not sure which payment partner you're set up with, or you need help setting up your account please contact our team using the button below.