GoFundMe's platform fee has been eliminated in almost all countries now. These are the countries with a 0% platform fee and when they were introduced:
- November 30, 2017 - US (personal campaigns)
- December 14, 2017 - Canada
- January 17, 2018 - United Kingdom
- May 2, 2018 - France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Spain
- August 17, 2018 - US (certified charity campaigns)
- October 8, 2018 - Australia
How to switch from a 5% fee to a 0% fee
US, Canada, United Kingdom, France, German, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, and Spain (no existing Stripe account)
Create a new campaign with these steps:
1. Sign in to your GoFundMe account
2. Select the three lines at the top right of your screen
3. Select "Start a GoFundMe" from the drop-down menu
4. Follow the instructions to create a new campaign
All new campaigns within these countries will be pushed to the 0% platform fee.
Australia, United Kingdom, France, German, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, and Spain (with an existing Stripe account)
Option 1: Delete your existing GoFundMe account.
- Sign in to your GoFundMe account
- Select your menu bar (the three green lines)
- Select "Account Settings" from the drop-down menu
- Select "Delete Account", then confirm your selection by selecting “Delete my Account”
- You may then create a brand new GoFundMe account under the same email address by going to www.gofundme.com/sign-up where you’ll no longer require a Stripe account to withdraw funds.
Note: You will not be able to access any of the GoFundMe campaigns from your previous account once this is done, but you'll always be able to withdraw the funds raised by signing into your Stripe account here.
Option 2: Use a different email address than the one you originally signed up with.
You may then create a brand new GoFundMe account by going to www.gofundme.com/sign-up.
If you're not sure which payment partner you're set up with, or you need help setting up your account please contact our team using the button below.