Documents won't be needed for every customer, but our payment processor may request them in order to ensure that your money reaches you safely, so it's good to have a valid government-issued ID and recent bank statement on hand.
There are a few important things to keep in mind regarding the verification process:
Additional documentation is required for your security and we thank you in advance for your understanding.
If we need additional supporting documents from you, we may notify you in one or more of the following ways:
- An email titled "Action required - withdrawal setup failed."
- A prompt to upload documents when you are editing your withdrawal details
- A banner in your GoFundMe account after log in that says “There was an error in the information you provided for withdrawals”
To upload your documents:
1. Initiate the upload process from:
- Email: Click the link provided in the email
Note: If you didn’t receive an email from our team, but believe this situation applies to you, please try going back to your withdrawal setup by clicking the “withdraw” icon and following the steps to see if you are prompted to upload documents. If not, please contact our team so that we can help you.
- Your account: Click the “Withdraw” button, then “View Withdraw Overview” . Or click the "Please click here to try again." link in the red banner.
2. Confirm that your personal information is correct (if you have not done this recently).
3. Click to upload your document, then use a file saved to your desktop or device. Each file should be at least 100 KB; JPG files are best for IDs and PDF files are best for bank statements.
Learn more about what is required for each type of document:
- Personal government-issued ID
- Not expired
- Full legal name that matches bank statement and GoFundMe account
- The photo must be in color
- Include the front and back of the ID (as separate images) or full passport photo page
- Show all information - no redactions
- The photo must be clear and show all four corners of the document
- The file size must be at least 100 KB, but no larger than 2 MB
- JPGs work better than PDF formatting
- Personal bank statement
- Full legal name
- Bank logo
- Account or IBAN number
- Statement must be less than 3 months old
- Sort code (if in the UK/ ROI)
- Other bank documents
- Accepted documents (if you do not have a statement available): voided check, signed bank letter, signed direct deposit form
- All details must be printed on the document, not handwritten
- Organization’s bank account
If you are having trouble uploading your documents, or are unable to complete the process, please check out this troubleshooting article. You can also use this secure form to upload your documents, and our team will be able to assist you.