When it is time to withdraw the funds from a fundraiser, the funds can either go to the organizer's bank account or the organizer can add someone else as the beneficiary. The beneficiary would then set up withdrawals to their own bank account.
If the organizer has already added a beneficiary (this means that they went through the withdrawal process already and selected "someone else" instead of "myself" as the person withdrawing the funds), but the beneficiary can no longer withdraw the funds, we can help to add someone else instead.
If you would like to change the beneficiary, there are three basic scenarios that you would likely fit into so please check them out below. Then, please fill out this form to submit your request to our team.
- The current beneficiary would no longer like to withdraw, and you have both agreed that someone else should withdraw the funds instead
- We will get confirmation from both the GoFundMe organizer and the current beneficiary, then add the new beneficiary for you
Revert Control to Organizer
- The current beneficiary would no longer like to withdraw, and you have both agreed that the GoFundMe organizer should withdraw to their own bank account instead
- We will get confirmation from both the GoFundMe organizer and the current beneficiary, then we will give control of the funds back to the GoFundMe organizer so that they can withdraw to their own bank account
Transfer Account to Beneficiary
- The GoFundMe organizer no longer wishes to be part of the fundraiser and would like to give full control of the fundraiser to the beneficiary. This allows the beneficiary to continue withdrawing, but will also allow them to edit and manage the fundraiser.
- We will get confirmation from both the GoFundMe organizer and the current beneficiary, then we will transfer full account ownership to the beneficiary. The GoFundMe organizer will no longer be able to access the fundraiser.
Please keep in mind, the above situations apply when a beneficiary has already been added to the fundraiser by the organizer. If you are an organizer and have not added a beneficiary yet, you can select "someone else" during the withdrawal process and do not need to submit a request to our team. You can learn more about that process in this Help Center article.
Important: Please note, there are certain cases in which transfers may not be possible, but in those cases we will try our best to work with the GoFundMe organizer and beneficiary to find a solution.