PayPal Giving Fund enrollment is a multi-step process, and this article will assist with any roadblocks you may run into. First, confirm that you are aware of how charity fundraiser withdrawals work, in this article.
If you have begun charity confirmation, but have not heard back within five business days, to identify what outstanding documents or information you may need to provide to PayPal, please follow these steps to get to your PayPal Resolution Center:
- Sign into your PayPal account directly by clicking here: https://www.paypal.com/signin
- Click 'Help' in the top right corner of your screen
- Once the Help menu populates on the right side of the screen, click the 'Resolution Center' icon at the bottom right.
You will be provided with the steps to upload requested documents, or take any needed actions, in the resolution center. If there are no pending cases, continue reading below.
Other common issues
Adding a bank account
Only one bank account can be used across any PayPal account. If PayPal is not allowing you to add your charity bank account, confirm that bank account is not connected to a different PayPal account.
Your organization’s charitable status
Organization’s who have had a change in their charitable or tax-exempt status can often not enroll in PayPal Giving Fund. If you believe you fall into one of these categories, please contact our team to determine the next steps:
- US - IRS Status Revoked
- US - Reclassified to Private Foundation
- Australia - Loss of DGR Status
- Canada - Charity Registration Revoked
Not hearing an update within five business days
This is most often caused by missing an email from PayPal Compliance, or not checking your resolution center for updates. Review your resolution center for outstanding documents, or reach out to PayPal Giving Fund for what is needed next. Contact information is provided in our charity fundraiser payouts article here.
You are not opted into third-party giving with Guidestar
Organization’s cannot enroll if they are not opted into third-party giving with Guidestar. To confirm if you are opted-in, please visit Guidestar here.
Still struggling? Certain PayPal Giving Fund countries provide comprehensive step-by-step enrollment guides, which can be found here.
You can also contact PayPal Giving Fund for further assistance. You will want to specify that your request is for PayPal Giving Fund or for a charity. From there, they can direct you to the service team that can assist you.
- US: Contact PayPal Giving Fund or call 1-888-221-1161 - Hours of operation: M-F 8:00am-8:00pm CST (closed on weekends) - Messaging available
Canada: Contact PayPal Giving Fund or call -866-358-8768 - Hours of operation: M-F 8:00am-8:00pm CST (closed on weekends) - Messaging available
- UK: Contact PayPal Giving Fund or call 0800-587-0461 (state "charity")
- Ireland - Contact PayPal Giving Fund or call 353-1-53-64225 - Hours of operation: M-F 9:00am-5:30pm GMT
- Australia: Contact PayPal Giving Fund or call 1-800-461-973 - Hours of operation: M-F 9:00am-5:0pm AEDT - Messaging available