Trustly is an online payment method that allows GoFundMe Organizers and beneficiaries to easily set up withdrawals by logging into their online bank account. With Trustly, there’s no need to manually enter your account and routing information, and since you log directly into your bank account, it drastically decreases the potential for a failed withdrawal due to a typing error.
Trustly is a Nacha Preferred Partner for Online Banking Payment & Verification, and if you would like to check them out further, you can find additional information at their website: https://www.trustly.net/us
How do I use Trustly on GoFundMe?
To utilize Trustly on GoFundMe, you’ll follow the normal steps to set up withdrawals:
- Sign in to your GoFundMe account
- Select the fundraiser you would like to withdraw from
- Select “Withdraw”
- Select "Set up withdrawals"
- If the donations are for yourself, choose “Myself”
- Enter your personal information, and then you’ll be taken to the following Trustly integrated screen:
7. You can select your bank from the pre-selected options, or if you don’t see your bank, select “All other banks” on the bottom right
8. Once you’ve selected your bank, you’ll confirm you want to move forward with Trustly:
9. Once you click, “OK, got it!” you’ll be taken to your bank specific online login:
10. Once logged in, you’ll be able to select the account you would like funds to go to:
11. Once you select your preferred account and click “Continue,” your setup is complete, and you’ll see the following screen:
What should I consider when using Trustly?
- The bank account you connect through Trustly still needs to match the name you’ve entered with your personal information. Do not sign into someone else’s bank account, even if you have their login information.
- If you created your account in Canada, or in the US after September 30th, 2020, our payment processor primarily supports Checking accounts. Transfers to Savings accounts often aren’t successful, so we recommend using a Checking account when possible.
- If you’re having trouble logging into your bank account through Trustly, double check to make sure username and password are correct, and if you continue to have trouble, we advise reaching out to your bank.
- If you aren’t able to log in, or choose not to use Trustly, you can still manually enter your bank details.