GoFundMe partners with payment processors who verify the information entered by GoFundMe organizers and beneficiaries to then initiate withdrawals. As a result of these partnerships, there are very specific requirements that need to be met in order to send withdrawals.
When setting up your withdrawals on GoFundMe, there are two distinct steps - entering your personal information (name, address, DOB) and then entering your bank information (account and routing numbers).
To continue, please ensure that you’ve completed withdrawal set up:
- Uploaded ID and bank statement (if prompted)
- Checked that all documents are valid and not expired
- Double checked your bank information is entered correctly
If you feel you’ve done everything to properly set up withdrawals, then the issue might be related to the name you have entered for withdrawals. If the name you entered with your personal information does not exactly match the name listed with your bank information (Ex. Jon and Jonathan), our payment partner won’t be able to verify your withdrawals.
If you think this might be the case, ask yourself the following questions:
- Did I enter my personal information with someone else’s bank information?
- Is my name listed differently on my ID than on my bank statement?
- Did I enter a nickname instead of my legal name at any point?
- Have I uploaded documents multiple times, and am still receiving an error message?
If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, please click here to contact our team so that we can help you to edit your information.