GoFundMe is dedicated to empowering people to help people, and an overwhelming majority of campaigns on our platform are safe and legitimate. Fraudulent campaigns make up less than one tenth of one percent of all campaigns.
In the rare instances where people create campaigns with the intention to take advantage of others’ generosity, GoFundMe takes swift action to resolve the issue.
Our policy is simple and strictly enforced: It is not permitted to lie or intentionally deceive donors to a GoFundMe campaign for financial or personal gain.
The following are examples of expressly forbidden fraudulent activity:
- Breaking the law
- Lying or being misleading about your identity as a campaign organizer or your relationship to the beneficiary of the funds
- Posting misleading statements in the campaign description
- Not delivering funds to the stated beneficiary
- Not using funds for their stated purpose
Sometimes, there are situations that may raise questions but are not considered fraudulent on our platform. These include:
- Rumors or speculation of fraud
- Requesting that your name or image be removed from a campaign description
- Disagreeing with the nature of the campaign or the character of the Campaign Organizer
- Custody or familial disputes or disagreements
To report a campaign for fraud, please contact us here.
GoFundMe cooperates with law enforcement and provides them with any information needed in an investigation. If you are a law enforcement officer looking to contact our team, you can reach us here.
If you are a donor or a campaign beneficiary who is concerned you were a victim of fraud on GoFundMe, please click here to see if you qualify for the GoFundMe Guarantee.
Mensaje del Departamento de Justicia de los Estados Unidos:
Si crees haber sido víctima de un fraude cometido por una persona o una organización que te ha solicitado fondos de socorro en nombre de las víctimas de una tormenta, o tienes conocimiento de despilfarro, abuso o acusaciones de mala gestión que afecten a operaciones de socorro en caso de catástrofes, llama al número de teléfono gratuito del National Center for Disaster Fraud (Centro nacional contra el fraude en situaciones de catástrofe): (866) 720-5721. También puedes enviar la información por fax al (225) 334-4707 o por e-mail a firstname.lastname@example.org