Sending thank-you notes is a nice way to make your donors feel appreciated, and to keep up momentum for your fundraiser. Your donors will also have the ability to reply back to your thank-you message. We know that you have many responsibilities outside of your GoFundMe fundraiser, so we want to make the process of thanking donors as simple as possible.
Options for Thanking Donors
- Send an personalized thank-you note to each donor through your GoFundMe account
- Post an update to your fundraiser expressing your appreciation (this is great if you have a lot of people to thank!) It will email the thank-you update to your followers' inboxes
- If you know the donor and already have their contact information, send them a quick text or give them a call. There isn’t a way to do this directly through your GoFundMe account, but it’s a great way to show your appreciation.
Here is an example of a well crafted thank you note:
Hi <Donor Name>, I can't thank you enough for your generous donation to Sparky. It means so much to me, and it's truly going to help his recovery. If you'd like to take your impact a step further, please consider sharing our fundraiser link, <Add Link Here>, with any animal lovers you know through email, text, or social media, we'd be forever grateful. Spreading the word is incredibly helpful to our success. Thanks again!
To send an individual thank-you from your computer, mobile browser, or app:
- Sign in to your account at gofundme.com/sign-in and navigate to your fundraiser
- Scroll down to "Donations"
- Select "Say Thanks" under the donor's name and start typing in the field to send a thank you
Computer or mobile:
Steps to send a thank you note from a computer or mobile device shown above.
If you send an individual thank you from the app, you'll have the ability to save your thank you message as a template, so you can send it to new incoming donors.
Be sure to keep up with your thank-yous as donations come in, otherwise, you might be spending some time trying to catch up!