Thank you for stepping up to support a GoFundMe. You are making a big difference for someone in need.
To provide you with the smoothest donation process possible, we've outlined some helpful detail and tips for you in the video and article below:
To make a donation, simply click the “Donate Now” button at the top right of the fundraiser if you’re on a computer, the center of the screen if you’re on a mobile browser, or the bottom right of your screen if you’re on our mobile app, and follow the prompts as requested.
You’ll be asked to enter the donation amount and confirm your payment details. On the next screen, you will have the option to leave a comment with your donation, and you will be sent a confirmation receipt once your donation has been processed. Please check out our Help Center articles about editing a donation after it has been made if you need to make any changes.
While you can certainly sign up for one, you do not need a GoFundMe account to make a donation.
Finding a fundraiser
You can find any public fundraiser on the GoFundMe homepage. Just select "Search" at the top of your screen if you're on a computer, or tap on the magnifying glass symbol on the top left of your screen if you're on a mobile device.
We recommend that you search by any of the following criteria:
• The full name of the organizer
• The full name of the beneficiary
• The GoFundMe title
After you land on the fundraiser, you can simply click, "Donate Now" to make a donation.
Best practices when making a donation
To ensure your donation is processed successfully:
- Donate with your own personal card and from your own device, using your own email address. Do not use someone else's card.
- Donate with your own name. Do not use a nickname. If you would like to change your name after the fact, you will be able to do so from your receipt.
- Do not donate multiple times to the same fundraiser. Instead, it's best if you donate one larger amount.
- If you are the GoFundMe organizer or beneficiary, do not donate to your own fundraiser even if the funds were given to you by someone else via cash or check. This violates our payment processor's terms of service as it can be seen as a cash advance.
Trouble making a donation
If you are having issues contributing to a fundraiser, please read more about how to troubleshoot a failing donation.
Here is a helpful list of accepted payment methods:
- Discover (Canada excluded)
- American Express
- Sofort (For German donors to German fundraisers)
- GiroPay (For German donors to German fundraisers)
- iDeal (For Dutch donors to Dutch fundraisers)
PayPal (These are specifically for certified charity fundraisers)
Important: Be sure to check the currency of the fundraiser before submitting your information!
Donations made to a certified charity fundraiser can be made by PayPal, but personal fundraisers cannot accept PayPal. They can only accept credit or debit card donations.
If you're unable to donate using a credit or debit card, you can always get in touch with the GoFundMe organizer to ask whether they're able to receive your donation another way.
To do this, visit the fundraiser you'd like to donate to and click or tap the "Contact" button next to the GoFundMe organizer’s name. This will allow you to send them a direct message.
Unsubscribing from fundraiser updates
If you wish to unsubscribe from email updates about the fundraiser you donated to, please follow these steps to do so through our contact form:
- Follow the link to our contact form, here
- Select “I am a donor or supporter.”
- Select “Unsubscribing from emails”
- Enter your email address in the prompt and click “Unsubscribe”