Posting on Instagram is a great way to share your fundraiser link along with a photo. We recommend choosing personal images that are eye catching, but not too graphic or shocking to viewers. You can include multiple photos in a post and in a story, so don’t feel pressured to choose just one! We’ve also found that fundraisers with pictures of happy, smiling people tend to be more successful.
Sharing an Instagram post:
For a post, make sure your caption includes a call to action asking people to donate and share. To complement your post, you'll also want to include your link in your Instagram bio! It’ll be clickable there, so it’s super easy for people to access, and they’ll know it’s important to you since it’s at the very top of your profile. You can then reference that link in any posts you make as well with a quick "Link in bio!" callout.
Follow these steps to make an Instagram post:
- Sign into your Instagram account
- Click the + icon at the top of the screen
- Select the photo you’d like to use for your post, then click “Next”
- Add a filter to your photo, if you’d like; click “Next”
- Write the message you’d like to use as your caption; make sure to include your fundraiser link
- Click “Share”
Sharing an Instagram story:
As for stories, they disappear after 24 hours, and are a great way to continue to remind your followers that you have a fundraiser you’d love to share with them. Don’t feel like you’re oversharing – the more views the better! You can mix up stories with different images and calls to action, while also utilizing different features provided by Instagram like stickers, GIFs, etc.
Posting a story is also beneficial because you can include the direct link to your fundraiser by clicking the "sticker" button (on the top of the story creation page, which is after you select your photo) and then choosing "link". This will make it much easier for people to visit your fundraiser!
Follow these steps to post a story:
- Open your Instagram app.
- Click the + icon at the top of the screen and select Story.
- Select or take a new photo to share with your GoFundMe link.
- Click the sticker tool from the navigation bar at the top of the screen.
- Tap the Link sticker.
- Add your GoFundMe fundraiser link.
- Place the Link sticker on your story content.
- Click the arrow icon in the bottom right corner when you are ready to post.
- Click Share next to the Your Story option.
- Tap Done to share your story.
If you want to put a little extra effort into creating your post or story, you can find beautiful free templates on Canva.