The update feature allows you to keep current and potential donors involved in your journey. Current donors are connected to your success and want to hear from you. Potential donors see updates as a reminder of your need.
Successful fundraisers typically post an update (or more) a week. Updates will be emailed to all subscribed donors. You can check the boxes to have them automatically added to Facebook and Twitter as well.
When writing your update, consider including the following:
- A photo or video - Images create a connection between donors and your cause. They can see the individuals they’re helping and how their money will be used.
- New information about the fundraiser - If there’s been a change in use of funds or a status update, you can let your donors know.
- A share request - Kindly ask donors to share with their friends and family if they’re able.
- A thank you - Donors support you emotionally as well as financially. Let them know how much you appreciate their good vibes and thoughts.
- Words from supporters - If a supporter has shared words of encouragement, you could highlight them in an update.
For more information about how to post or edit an update, check out this article.