Pictures and videos can help share your story and impact your donors in a significant way. When adding a picture, you'll want to be sure to select images that are good quality and highlight your fundraiser.
You can add photos in two places on your fundraiser:
- Your main image - This is what appears at the top of your fundraiser. It's also the image that will appear when you share your fundraiser on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Your story - This appears below the main image. You can add as many pictures and/or videos as you'd like.
To edit your pictures/videos that you've already added to your fundraiser:
- Sign into your GoFundMe account
- Select "Your fundraisers," and then select the fundraiser you would like to edit
- Select "Edit & Settings," and the select the "Photo" tab
- Click the “Change” button, and then select "Upload photo"
- Select your desired image, and then select "Save"
Troubleshooting tips for uploading a photo
- Make sure your image isn't too small. 550 pixels wide by 300 pixels tall is the minimum acceptable size. We recommend anything 720x405 or higher.
- Make sure your image is horizontally-oriented. Portrait-oriented pictures don't appear as well as your main image.
- Try using another web browser or device if the photo upload tool is not working.
If you're interested in adding videos to help tell your story, check out the clip below for tips on how to create the perfect video with your smartphone:
Note: If you are uploading a video, it will need to be uploaded to YouTube first. Then, you can add the YouTube link to your video onto your fundraiser page.
For additional support, and advice directly from other GoFundMe Organizers, please check out our GoFundMe Community.