Fundraisers with compelling images that relate to the cause you’re raising funds for can promote engagement from potential donors, which can lead to increased donations. If you don't have a specific photo you'd like to use, you can use these templates on Canva to create a unique visual for your fundraiser!
You'll need to choose one photo or video to be the main image on your page, but you can add more to your story if you'd like.
When considering what images to choose, ask yourself a few questions:
- How does this image help tell my story?
- What feelings does this image evoke?
- What kind of image would inspire me to donate?
How to upload your cover photo
Our platform requires that you select a main image or video in order to launch your fundraiser, but you can edit that at any time by following these steps after signing into your account:
- Select “Edit & Settings”
- Select the “Change” button under "Cover media"
- Select your desired image, and then click “Publish changes”
Keep these tips in mind for your cover image:
- Use JPEG, PNG, or BMP as the file type
- The file size should be smaller than 20 MB
- Make sure your image is horizontal (landscape orientation)
- If you’re using someone else’s image, consider whether you have the rights to use it
How to upload photos in your story (Web browser)
To include additional photos, follow these steps to add them to your story:
- Select "Edit & Settings"
- Make sure "Edit" tab is selected and scroll to the story section
- Select "Edit" to expand your story text box, and then choose the Photo button
How to upload photos in your story (GoFundMe app)
- Select the "Edit" tab in the bottom menu
- Scroll and tap into the "Story" section
- Choose the Photo button, and then either take a photo or upload a photo from your device