Adding a comment when making your donation
- After you make a donation you will see a screen that says "Now help spread the word"
Select “Continue” at the bottom of the page and the next page will give you an option to leave a comment.
Type your comment in the box that says “I donated because…”
Select “Post Comment” to save
Steps to add comment at time of donation shown above.
Editing a comment after donating
If you still have the confirmation receipt for your donation, you can edit your donation comment from your end.
How to edit your donation comment using your receipt:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the receipt
- Select "Add Comment"
- Select the pencil seen in the right-hand corner, next to "Edit"
- Edit your comment and save
Steps to add comment after a donation shown above.
How to edit your donation comment if you have a GoFundMe account:
- Follow this link to sign in to your GoFundMe account
- Select the three lines at the top right of the page
- Select “Donations you've made” from the drop down menu
- Select “Manage” below the fundraiser you donated to that you would like to edit
- Scroll down to “Display name and comment”
- You will be able to view your comment and make any changes to it in the text box. Select “Save” when you have made your changes.
Note: If you do not see the donation you made select, “Missing a donation? Please contact us”
If you don't have access to your donation confirmation receipt and you do not have a GoFundMe account, you can still edit your donation comment on your end.
How to edit your donation comment without your receipt:
- Follow the link to our contact form here
- Select “I am a donor or supporter.”
- Select “Making changes to a donation”
- Select “Changing a donation comment”
- Enter the email address used to make the donation and click “edit my donation”
You can learn more, and watch a helpful video about the donation process, here