The person withdrawing to the organization's bank account must bea beneficial owner.A beneficial owner is someone with significant responsibility to control, manage, or direct the organization (e.g., a Chief Executive Officer, Vice President, Treasurer, or a controller).
Important: These directions will not apply to you if you created a certified charity campaign. Learn more about the two campaign types here.
Beneficial owner withdrawal set up
- Select “Withdraw” from your campaign Dashboard
- Select “Myself”
- Choose “Organization”
- If you do not see the “Organization” option, simply fill out your name and personal information when verifying your identity and your organization’s banking information when prompted to add banking information
- Fill out the organization information, your personal identity information (you will not be liable for taxes) and your organization’s banking information
Sending an invitation to a beneficial owner
If you’re not the beneficial owner, but you are in touch with the person who manages the money at the organization, select "Withdraw" and choose "Someone else" to send them a beneficiary invitation.
If you’re not affiliated with the organization, you will withdraw to your personal bank account by clicking “Myself and Personal” and send the funds to the organization outside of GoFundMe. Just be sure to make it clear in your story that you will be the one handling funds.
Occasionally our payment processor will need extra information to verify your organization after you’ve set up your banking information. When this happens, they will pause your withdrawals while they wait for you to send them the documents they requested via email.
Documents that may be required include, but are not limited to:
- A government-issued ID for the beneficial owner and/or anyone with 25% stake or greater in the organization
- A copy of the organization’s governmental registration, such as your Articles of Incorporation
- IRS 501(c) (3) determination letter
- Documentation of candidacy
- The organization’s banking statement
- A document that shows your connection to the organization like a pay stub or an organizational chart
If you cannot locate that email from in your email inbox or junk folders, please reach out to our Customer Happiness team so that we may assist with forwarding the documents to them.