Note: The directions below will not apply if you selected a tax ID when first signing up. For charity campaigns, withdrawals will go through the PayPal Giving Fund.
If you didn’t select a tax ID upon signing up, you must be in contact with the person who manages the funds for the organization (also known as the beneficial owner).
If you are not affiliated with the organization you must withdraw the money to your personal bank account and send the money to the organization outside of GoFundMe, or add a beneficiary who will do the same.
If you are authorized to deposit for an organization, please follow these steps to withdraw:
1. Select “Withdraw” from your campaign Dashboard
2. Select “Myself” and “Organization”
3. Fill out the organization and account owner information (that’s you!) and select ‘Finish’
4. Enter your organization’s bank account information
If you’re in touch with the person who manages the money at the organization, select "Withdraw" and choose "Someone else" and "Organization" to send them a beneficiary invitation.
Occasionally our payment processor will need extra information to verify your organization after you’ve set up your banking information. When this happens, they will pause your withdrawals while they wait for you to send them the documents they requested via email.
Documents that may be required include, but are not limited to:
- A government-issued ID for the beneficial owner and/or anyone with 25% stake or greater in the organization
- A copy of the organization’s governmental registration, such as a Letter of Determination in the US
- A document that shows your connection to the organization like a pay stub or an organizational chart
If you cannot locate that email from in your email inbox or junk folders, please reach out to our Customer Happiness Team so that we may assist with forwarding the documents to them.