Before you send the invitation, please make sure your beneficiary meets requirements to receive funds and read through our list of things to consider when adding a beneficiary.
You must add a beneficiary during the initial transfer set up. If you've already completed setting up transfers using your own information, you won't be able to add a beneficiary. In this case, please contact our team to find out how to best handle your situation.
How to send a beneficiary invitation
The organizer can follow these steps from their own GoFundMe account:
- Select the “Transfers” tab from the left, vertical menu of your dashboard
- Select "Someone else's bank account"
- Make sure your email is confirmed, and then select "Get started" under "Invite a beneficiary"
- You'll be prompted to enter their first and last name and email address (The name you enter here will be publicly shown on the fundraiser page.)
- Confirm the information you've entered is correct, and then select "Send invite"
If you receive an error when sending the invitation or the beneficiary has trouble accepting it, please try sending it to a different email address. If your beneficiary doesn’t have an alternate email, please contact our team.
The organizer’s bank transfer page will let them know once no further action is required after adding the beneficiary.
Check out this video to learn more:
How a beneficiary account works
After your beneficiary has accepted the invitation, a separate GoFundMe account will be created for them that's connected to your fundraiser. They can sign into this separate account and set up their transfers, then funds will automatically be sent to their bank account. This means that you, as the organizer, will no longer have access to the transfer setup, as all bank information will be added through the new beneficiary account.