When a beneficiary invitation is sent from a GoFundMe organizer, it will be in an email titled “An invitation to accept money. If you are having trouble accepting the invitation, please ask the organizer to send it to an alternate email address, if you have one.
If you don’t see the email in your inbox, the easiest way to resolve it is to either sign in or sign up for GoFundMe.
- If there is an existing GoFundMe account under your email address, try signing into that account. After signing in, the option to "Accept" the invitation will automatically be presented.
- If there is not an existing GoFundMe account under your email address, sign up for a new GoFundMe account using the email that the invitation was sent to. After signing into your new account, the option to "Accept" the invitation will automatically be presented.
If the invitation was sent to the wrong email address and was not claimed, the GoFundMe organizer can cancel the beneficiary invitation using these steps, from within their GoFundMe account:
- Click the "Withdraw" icon
- Choose "View beneficiary overview"
- Scroll down and select "Cancel invite" (as shown below)
- Then, the organizer can click the option to send an invitation to the correct email address