We understand the need to hide your information due to privacy concerns. If you would like your fundraiser to be removed from the public search directory and only be visible to those whom you have shared your fundraiser link with, then switching to a private fundraiser is just the thing to do.
To make your GoFundMe private, please follow these steps after you've completed your fundraiser:
- Sign in to your GoFundMe account
- Choose the fundraiser you wish to edit by going to “Your fundraisers” found within the three lined menu at the top of the page
- Choose the "Edit Fundraiser" button (this can be seen below your fundraiser title or on a mobile device, simply scroll down to find “Edit”)
- Scroll down to "Fundraiser Settings"
- Uncheck the box next to “Remove from search results”
If you or your visitors share your fundraiser's direct link on social media accounts such as Facebook, anyone who clicks your fundraiser link will be able to access the fundraiser.
If you’re looking to create an anonymous fundraiser or hide your name, then we highly recommend that you reach out to a close friend or family member who can create the fundraiser on your behalf. They can also withdraw the money and send the funds to you outside of GoFundMe.
Please keep in mind that we promote transparency between GoFundMe organizers and their supporters. Donors feel much more comfortable donating to a fundraiser when they know exactly who is running it and in charge of the funds. This also provides them with a main point of contact to come to with any questions.