While you can certainly sign up for one, you do not need a GoFundMe account to make a donation.
Just select the “Donate Now” button at the top right of the campaign page if you’re on a computer, the center of the page if you’re on a mobile browser, or the bottom right of your screen if you’re on our mobile app, and follow the prompts as requested. You’ll be asked to confirm your payment details, and will be sent a confirmation receipt once your donation has been processed.
Finding a campaign
If you don’t have a link to the campaign you wish to donate to, you can find any public campaign on the GoFundMe home page. Just select "Search" at the top of your screen if you're on a computer, or tap on the magnifying glass symbol on the top left of your screen if you're on a mobile device.
We recommend that you search by any of the following criteria:
• The full name of the organizer
• The full name of the beneficiary
• The GoFundMe title
After you land on the campaign page, you can simply click, "Donate Now" to get started.
Best practices when donating
To ensure your donation is processed successfully:
- Donate with your own personal card and from your own device, using your own email address. Do not use someone else's card.
- Donate with your own name. Do not use a nick name. If you would like to change your name after the fact, you will be able to do so from your receipt.
- Do not donate multiple times to the same campaign. Instead, it's best if you donate one larger amount.
- If you are the campaign organizer or beneficiary, do not donate to your own campaign even if the funds were given to you by someone else via cash or check. This violates our payment processor's terms of service as it can be seen as a cash advance.
If you are having issues contributing to a campaign, please read more about how to troubleshoot a failing donation.
Donations can be made to any GoFundMe using most credit and debit cards.
Here is a helpful list of accepted payment methods:
- Discover (Canada excluded)
- American Express
- Sofort (For German donors)
- GiroPay (For German donors)
- iDeal (For Dutch donors)
- PayPal Accounts (These are specifically for certified charity campaigns)
Important: Be sure to check the currency of the campaign before submitting your information!
Donations made to a certified charity campaign can be made by PayPal, but personal campaigns cannot accept PayPal. They can only credit or debit card donations.
If you're unable to donate using a credit or debit card, you can always get in touch with the campaign organizer to ask whether they're able to receive your donation another way.
To do this, visit the campaign you'd like to donate to and click or tap the "Contact" button next to the campaign organizer’s name. This will allow you to send them a direct message.
Unsubscribing from campaign updates
If you wish to unsubscribe from email updates about the campaign you donated to, please follow these steps to do so through our contact form:
- Follow the link to our contact form here
- Select “I am a donor or supporter.”
- Select “Unsubscribing from emails”
- Enter your email address in the prompt and click “Unsubscribe”