Finding a campaign
In order to make a donation, you will need the campaign URL, but you will not need a GoFundMe account to donate.
If you don’t have the campaign URL, find any public campaign on the GoFundMe home page. Just select "Search" at the top of your screen if you're on a computer, or tap on the magnifying glass symbol on the top left of your screen if you're on a mobile device.
We recommend that you search by any of the following criteria:
• The full name of the organizer
• The full name of the beneficiary
• The GoFundMe title
After you land on the fundraiser page, you can simply click, "Donate Now" to get started.
Best practices when donating
To prevent your donation from being automatically refunded:
- Donate with your own personal card and from your own device. Do not use someone else's card.
- Donate with your own name. Do not use a nick name. If you would like to change your name after the fact, you will be able to do so from your receipt.
- Do not donate multiple times in a row. Instead, it's best if you donate one larger amount.
If you are having issues contributing to a campaign, please read more about how to troubleshoot a failing donation.
Donations can be made to any GoFundMe using most credit and debit cards.
Here is a helpful list of accepted payment methods:
- Discover (Canada excluded)
- American Express
- Sofort (For German donors)
- GiroPay (For German donors)
- PayPal Accounts (These are specifically for certified charity campaigns)
Be sure to check the currency of the campaign before submitting your information!
Donations made to a charity campaign can be made by PayPal, but personal campaigns cannot accept PayPal, only credit or debit card donations.
If you're unable to donate using a credit or debit card, you can always get in touch with the campaign organizer to ask whether they're able to receive your donation another way.
To do this, visit the campaign you'd like to donate to and click or tap the envelope icon next to the campaign organizer’s name. This will allow you to send them a direct message.