To ensure your account is protected, when you create a GoFundMe fundraiser, you will be prompted to add a phone number for verification.
If you need to change the phone number on file, you do not need to have access to your old phone, but you will need to know what the phone number was.
- Sign into your GoFundMe account
- Select the "Withdraw" button
- Next, choose the link labeled "Need to change phone number"?
- On the next screen, you will need to select "Continue" to have a unique code sent to the email address associated with your GoFundMe account.
- Enter the unique code and you will be prompted to add a new phone number
Steps to change phone number shown above.
Note: If you do not remember your old phone number, please contact us directly at the bottom of this article and we’ll help you reset it. Please be sure that you have a photo of your ID ready.
If you do not have a phone number:
- For customers with Google accounts, you can sign up with Google voice here.
- For our US or Canadian customers, you can sign up for a number from TextNow here. This is a free number you can use to receive texts and phone calls on your computer or tablet.
- If you have one, you can also try using a Skype number. Our verification codes will work with them, even if you are overseas.
- Finally, you can ask a close friend or family member to provide a phone number in the country you signed up with. They'll need to be able to give you the code each time you log in to GoFundMe on a new device. The codes expire in 10-15 minutes so make sure it's someone that you can easily speak with.
Still having trouble changing your phone number? Please fill out this form.