In most cases, GoFundMe organizers can set up bank transfers by directly logging into their online bank portal. However, you might have trouble logging in or locating your bank from the list of options. Not to worry, if you encounter any issues, you can simply manually enter your bank details instead.
To manually enter your bank account information, follow these steps:
- From your fundraiser dashboard, select “Bank transfers”
- Select “Set up”
- Choose who will be receiving the funds and the type of bank account funds will be sent to
- Select “Continue to Adyen”, which will bring you to our payment partner’s secure information portal
- Select “Add bank details”
- Check the option for “Manual entry”, and then “Next” (shown below)
- Enter your bank account information and make sure to “Save”
Since you’re entering your information manually, be sure to double check you’ve entered the account numbers exactly as they’re shown on a check or within your banking portal. Also be sure to use the ACH or electronic routing number and not the wire routing number.
If you're using a Chase bank account, you will see a virtual account number while connecting your bank; this won't match your actual account number. When you select "Back to GoFundMe" you'll see your transfers overview, which will show your own account number.
If you continue to have trouble connecting your bank information, please use the “Get help” button to contact a member of our support team.