To set up bank transfers, follow the steps below.
- In your dashboard, select the "Transfers" tab from the menu on the left
- Select where funds will be transferred, to your bank account, a business bank account, or someone else's
- If your email address hasn't been confirmed yet, resend and confirm your email
- For transferring to yourself, select 'Get started' and you'll proceed to our payment partner's secure information portal to enter your personal and bank details
If you don't see a 'Transfers' tab, it means you have a charity fundraiser. If so, you can learn more about receiving funds to a charity.
Please remember the following:
Important steps when setting up transfers:
- Decide whose bank account will receive the funds
- Add personal and bank details
- GoFundMe verifies your information
- Share supporting documents
- Receive money in your bank account
1. Decide whose bank will receive the funds
If the funds are going into:
- Your own bank account, select Personal bank account
- An organisation’s bank account, select Business bank account (Learn more about transferring funds to a business account.)
- Someone else’s bank account, select "Someone else's bank account". This is called a beneficiary. If you select this, your part of the transfer process will be complete once you've sent the beneficiary invitation. (Learn more about inviting someone else to receive the funds.)
2. Add personal and bank information
Our payment partner will use the information you enter to verify who you are. Your information must match your government-issued ID exactly. This name won’t be displayed publicly on the fundraiser.
- Enter your physical address (not a PO Box)
- Enter your full name; don’t use an abbreviated version or nickname
- Double-check that you've entered your date of birth correctly
- Include any 0s at the beginning of your account number.
- Use the routing number for ACH, EFT or direct deposit. Do not use the wire transfers number.
- For European bank accounts, the IBAN will include capital letters without spaces.
- The name you enter in personal information must match the bank account holder's name. Do not enter anyone else’s bank details.
3. GoFundMe verifies your information
We want to that ensure the funds are sent safely to the correct recipient. It may take a few working days to verify your information and if we need further information, we'll contact you.
4. Share supporting documents (if necessary)
In certain cases, we may ask for a copy of your bank statement, government-issued identification or information about your relationship to the fundraiser. Once your documents and information have been verified, funds will be sent automatically.
Follow these steps to upload a document:
- Click on your bank account under "Saved accounts".
- Click "Continue to Adyen" or "Continue to Stripe", depending on your payment partner.
- Click the section that's indicated in red. For Adyen, the upload button will be in the bottom right-hand corner next to the "Edit" button. For Stripe, select the "Update" button and you can take a new photo of your document or upload a file from your device.
5. Receive money in your bank account
Here are a few things to know about transfer timelines:
- Once your bank information has been verified, funds are sent out automatically.
- Individual donations take between 1–14 working days to be processed before being included in a transfer.
- Each transfer includes all processed (available) donations.
- Transfers are made on a daily basis unless you change to weekly or monthly.
- It takes 2–5 working days for transfers to reach the bank account after leaving GoFundMe.