- Personal information (such as name)
- Bank account used for transfers
- Account password
- A new fundraiser
If you notice any of the changes below, please alert our team by submitting the forms linked here:
- Email address has been changed without your consent, please submit this form.
- Phone number on your account was changed without your consent, please submit this form.
- If you don’t recognise a charge on your bank statement, please review this article for additional information.
How to keep your account secure
- Be cautious when sharing personal information: GoFundMe will never contact customers through a fundraiser contact form to request contact, identification, or other personal information. If you get an email with the message 'The message below is NOT from GoFundMe but rather an individual who visited and contacted you through your campaign.' asking you for personal information, please report to us by forwarding the message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Report suspicious messages: If you suspect someone is impersonating GoFundMe or a GoFundMe employee, forward the message to email@example.com and contact our team directly by clicking the "Contact Us" button. You can also read more about how to recognise suspicious messages in this article.
- Sign in securely: Only sign into GoFundMe through our official website and always look for the lock symbol in the address bar, showing the site is securely encrypted.
- Choose a strong password: Your password should be:
- Unique to GoFundMe and not used for other websites or apps
- A combination of letters (upper and lower-case), numbers, and symbols
- Not easily guessed - such as “password,” or use any personal information (name, birthday, etc.)