- The name entered for personal information must match the name entered for bank information. Do not use a nickname or someone else’s name.
- If funds are going to someone else’s bank account, please click “Back to GoFundMe” and select “Someone else’s bank account” when asked “Whose account will the funds be transferred to?”
- When entering your bank account number, include any 0's at the beginning of the number.
- Use the routing number for ACH, EFT, or direct deposit. Do not use the wire transfer number.
- For European bank accounts, the IBAN will include capital letters without spaces.
We may ask for additional information in the form of documents to verify your identity. This could be a government issued photo ID (license or passport), and/or a bank document (check, bank statement, or signed bank letter).
If you’re having trouble verifying your documents, please review this article which has information about document requirements and troubleshooting tips.
Using a business bank account
To transfer funds to a business or organization’s bank account, you’ll want to select “A business bank account” when asked “Whose account will the funds be transferred to?”. Transfers will need to be set up by a Decision-Maker (this would be someone who is authorized to handle funds on behalf of the organization), and they will need to enter their personal information along with the organization’s bank info.
You can review more information about business bank transfers in this article.