When you're done raising funds, you'll have a few options to end your fundraiser:
If you'd like to return funds to your donors, please read this article about issuing refunds.
Delete your fundraiser
If you delete your fundraiser, posting a final update is a great way to let your supporters know you're closing it for good. Please keep the following in mind:
- The fundraiser will still show up on your dashboard as “Deleted", but you won’t be able to access the fundraiser at all. A summary version of your fundraiser will still be publicly visible.
- Only an organizer can delete a fundraiser through their account. If you’re the beneficiary or a team member, please contact the organizer to delete it.
- Deleting your fundraiser won’t automatically refund your donors. As long as your bank transfer information has been verified, deleting your fundraiser won’t have an effect on your outgoing transfers.
Follow these steps to delete your fundraiser from within your GoFundMe account:
- Select “Edit” beneath your fundraiser title (On a mobile device simply select “Edit” from the bottom menu.)
- Select "Settings" and click “Delete fundraiser”
- Check the confirmation box
- Select "Delete fundraiser"
If you'd like to remove the summary version of your fundraiser as well, click the "Contact Us" button to contact our team.
Turn donations off, but keep the fundraiser active
This option will allow you to turn off incoming donations, but the fundraiser will still be visible to the public, and you’ll be able to access it.
We strongly recommend this option as it allows you to continue posting updates, leaves a record for future reference, and helps inspire others. Being able to look back at a successful fundraiser reminds supporters of the special part they played in making positive change happen.
Follow these steps to turn off donations from within your GoFundMe account:
- Select “Edit” below your fundraiser title (On a mobile device, simply select “Edit” from the bottom menu.)
- Select "Settings"
- Uncheck or toggle off “Allow my fundraiser to accept donations”
- Select “Publish changes”