If your GoFundMe has been completely removed by our team and it's still showing in Google searches, you can use this link to request that Google removes it from their search indexes.
Deleting your fundraiser means it has been deactivated. It will still show up on your dashboard as “Inactive".
- Only an organizer can delete a GoFundMe from within their account. If you are the beneficiary or team member for a fundraiser, please contact the organizer to delete the fundraiser.
- You will not be able to delete a fundraiser using the mobile app. You will need to be logged in using your mobile browser or computer instead.
- Deleting your fundraiser will not automatically refund your donors. Deleting your fundraiser will also have no effect on your outgoing withdrawals.
- If you raised money for a certified charity organization, it's good to know that deleting the campaign does not send money to the organization. Instead, funds are sent automatically and immediately as donations come in, during the length of the campaign.
If you would prefer to maintain access to your fundraiser but no longer accept new donations, please follow these steps to turn donations off to your fundraiser instead of deleting it:
- Sign in to your GoFundMe account.
- On your dashboard select “Edit and Settings” below the fundraiser title
- At the bottom, uncheck “Allow donations to my fundraiser”
- Select “Save”
How do I delete my fundraiser?
1. Choose the "Edit and Settings" button under your fundraiser title (on a mobile device you simply need to scroll down).
2. Click the option to "Delete fundraiser" at the very bottom of your screen.
3. Type "delete" into the form as confirmation, and click "Delete fundraiser". Once complete, a green banner will show at the top of the screen showing the fundraiser is deactivated.
Steps to delete a fundraiser shown above.
On a mobile browser, deleting your fundraiser will look like this:
Please note that when deleting a fundraiser, a summary version will remain so that people can still see your main image and how much you raised. Please contact us if you would like this removed.