End of campaign options
There are a number of different options to choose from to end your fundraiser besides simply deleting it. We will go into more detail below about the steps you need to take to complete each one.
- Delete your fundraiser. If you go with this option, a final update is still a great way to let your supporters know that you're closing it for good.
- Turn donations off but keep the fundraiser visible on GoFundMe. We strongly recommend this as it allows you to continue posting updates, leaves a record for future reference, and helps inspire others. Being able to look back at a successful fundraiser reminds supporters of the special part they played in making positive change happen.
- Delete your fundraiser and deactivate your GoFundMe account.
Delete your fundraiser
1. Choose the Edit and Settings button under your fundraiser title (on a mobile device you simply need to scroll down).
2. Click the option to Delete fundraiser at the very bottom of your screen.
3. Type "delete" into the form as confirmation, and click Delete fundraiser. Once complete, a green banner will show at the top of the screen showing the fundraiser is deactivated.
If your GoFundMe has been deleted and it's still showing in Google searches, you can use this link to request that Google removes it from their search indexes.
Steps to delete a fundraiser shown above.
On a mobile browser, deleting your fundraiser will look like this:
Please keep in mind:
- Deleting your fundraiser means it has been deactivated. It will still show up on your dashboard as “Inactive".
- Only an organizer can delete a GoFundMe from within their account. If you are the beneficiary or team member for a fundraiser, please contact the organizer to delete the fundraiser.
- You will not be able to delete a fundraiser using the mobile app. You will need to be logged in using your mobile browser or computer instead.
- Deleting your fundraiser will not automatically refund your donors. As long as your withdrawal information has been verified, deleting your fundraiser will not have an effect on your outgoing withdrawals.
Turn donations off, but keep campaign active
- Sign in to your GoFundMe account.
- On your dashboard select “Edit and Settings” below the fundraiser title
- At the bottom, uncheck “Allow donations to my fundraiser”
- Select “Save”
Delete your fundraiser and account
After deleting your fundraiser, you can delete your account by doing the following:
- Sign into your account
- Navigate to your Account Settings
- Click Delete Account twice