1. Choose the "Edit and Settings" button under your fundraiser title (on a mobile device you simply need to scroll down).
2. Click the option to "Delete fundraiser" at the very bottom of your screen.
3. Type "delete" into the form as confirmation, and click "Delete fundraiser". Once complete, a green banner will show at the top of the screen showing the fundraiser is deactivated.
If your GoFundMe has been deleted and it's still showing in Google searches, you can use this link to request that Google removes it from their search indexes.
Steps to delete a fundraiser shown above.
On a mobile browser, deleting your fundraiser will look like this:
Please keep in mind:
- Deleting your fundraiser means it has been deactivated. It will still show up on your dashboard as “Inactive".
- Only an organizer can delete a GoFundMe from within their account. If you are the beneficiary or team member for a fundraiser, please contact the organizer to delete the fundraiser.
- You will not be able to delete a fundraiser using the mobile app. You will need to be logged in using your mobile browser or computer instead.
- Deleting your fundraiser will not automatically refund your donors. As long as your withdrawal information has been verified, deleting your fundraiser will not have an effect on your outgoing withdrawals.
If you would like to turn off incoming donations but still maintain access to your fundraiser, please follow these steps to turn donations off to your fundraiser instead of deleting it:
- Sign in to your GoFundMe account.
- On your dashboard select “Edit and Settings” below the fundraiser title
- At the bottom, uncheck “Allow donations to my fundraiser”
- Select “Save”