You can easily cancel or delete your GoFundMe from within your account.
First, some important information:
- Removing your GoFundMe campaign does not automatically refund your donations. To learn about issuing refunds, please see: How to Issue Refunds on GoFundMe
- Removing your campaign doesn't affect your withdrawals at all. Any pending withdrawals will continue to process if you take down your campaign.
- Before ending your fundraiser, we strongly recommend posting a final update to your campaign. A final update will reduce confusion among your supporters about where the campaign went or why it is no longer accepting donations.
Next, to end your GoFundMe, you have three options to choose from:
- Turn donations off, but keep the campaign fully visible on GoFundMe. To do this, navigate to the "Edit" screen from your campaign management Dashboard (on your desktop this will be under the three buttons to the right and on a mobile device you simply need to scroll down). Once there go to the "Additional Settings" area. Here you will see the option to turn donations on or off.
- Deactivate your campaign. To do this, navigate to the "Edit" screen from your campaign management Dashboard (on your desktop this will be under the three buttons to the right and on a mobile device you simply need to scroll down), then to the "Additional Settings" area. You will see an option to "Deactivate Campaign" at the bottom of your screen. Once you select this button, you'll be asked to post a final update on your account or you can skip the post and simply deactivate the campaign.
- Deactivate your campaign and your GoFundMe account altogether. To do this, go to your 'Account Settings' screen (three bars at the top of your screen or the "Me" icon on the mobile app) and scroll to the bottom. There, you will see an option to "Delete Account".
Please note that when deactivating a campaign, a summary version will remain so that people can still see your main image and how much you raised. Please contact us if you would like this removed.