The GoFundMe organizer and beneficiary will always be able to see your name and comment if you left one, even if your donation is anonymous to the public. This is for transparency reasons.
Please note, you are required to enter the name on the credit card you are using even if you plan to make your donation anonymous. Using a name other than what is on the credit card you’re donating with may result in your donation being refunded.
To donate anonymously from a desktop or laptop computer:
- Visit the GoFundMe you’d like to support and select the "Donate Now" button
- Choose the "Don't display name publicly on the campaign" option underneath the donation amount and name fields
- Verify your donation information to save your donation as anonymous
From a mobile phone, please:
- Visit the GoFundMe you'd like to support and select the "Donate Now" button
- Once you've confirmed your donation, you'll have the option to share the GoFundMe on Facebook
- On the next page, choose the "Hide my name and comment from the public" option listed below the Comment box
- Select "Continue" to save your donation as anonymous
Keep in mind, you can switch your donation to public from being anonymous by following these same steps!
To make your donation anonymous from your confirmation receipt:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the receipt, under "Increase your impact"
- Select the green, underlined "Add a comment"
- On that page, underneath Donation Details, "Make donations & comments private" by toggling the switch to the right. If you prefer your donation to be public, please toggle the option to the left.
- Make sure to click "Save" in order for it to save as anonymous
If you do not have your confirmation receipt, please follow these steps to request a new one through our contact form:
- Follow this link to our contact form here
- Select “Making or managing a donation” under “Which best describes you?”
- Select “Requesting a new copy of your receipt”
- Enter the email address you used to make the donation
- Select “Get Donation Receipt”
Note: Once your donation is set to anonymous, it will not appear on your donor profile.
If you've already made your donation and you don't have access to the receipt, contact us to make it anonymous.