Your GoFundMe account must be connected to an email address that you actively use and can reply to emails from. An email can only be connected to one GoFundMe account. If you get an error that says, "This email is already in use. Please use a different email address.", try signing into GoFundMe using the email you're attempting to change the account to.
How to change your email
- Choose the fundraiser you would like to manage
- Select "Account Settings" from the drop-down menu
- Enter your new email address into the Email box and select “Save Changes”
- You will be prompted to send a verification code to your phone so please select, "Send Code" and then enter the 5-digit code contained within the text message.
- After verifying your phone number, a verification email will then be sent to your new email; Click the button that says “Confirm Email” to officially change the email address
Changing your email address
Verifying your new email address
Important: Updating your email to someone else's email address may cause trouble with your account. If you want to add a beneficiary to your fundraiser so they can withdraw the funds, please click here for more information on how to do so.
If you'd like to transfer your entire account to someone else so they can manage the fundraiser and withdraw the funds, click the "Get Help" button below for assistance.
Keep in mind, you will be prompted to verify your phone number. Please review this article if you need to change your phone number.