We all go through times where we may need some extra help from our community. We know that you have many responsibilities outside of your GoFundMe fundraiser, and we want to make the process of thanking donors as simple as possible.
Reasons to Thank Donors
- To show appreciation for your donors and recognize what they have done to rally behind you.
- To keep the momentum going, by encouraging the people who already support you to spread the word and share. Once your donors start sharing your fundraiser for you, there can be a ripple effect. Friends of friends will see your fundraiser and might donate as well.
- To communicate with your donors directly if you do not know them personally. Your donors will have the ability to reply back to your thank you message too, allowing you to communicate with each other securely.
- To ask for supplemental contact information if you need to communicate with them outside GoFundMe or to follow up on any promises made on your fundraiser, like asking for their t-shirt size and a good mailing address if you offered a reward to folks who donated over $50.
Options for Thanking Donors
- Send a personalized thank-you note to each individual donor through your GoFundMe account
- Post an update to your fundraiser expressing your appreciation (this is great if you have a lot of people to thank!) It will email the thank-you update to your followers' inboxes, and it will be added publicly to your fundraiser.
- If you know the donor and already have their contact information, send them a quick text or give them a call. There isn’t a way to do this directly through your GoFundMe account, but it’s a great way to show your gratitude.
Here is an example of a well-crafted thank you note:
Hi <Donor Name>, I can't thank you enough for your generous donation to Sparky. It means so much to me, and it's truly going to help his recovery. We’d be forever grateful if you could share our fundraiser link, <Add Link Here>, with any animal lovers you know through email, text, or social media. Spreading the word is incredibly helpful to our success. Thanks again!
To send an individual thank-you from your computer, mobile browser, or app through Gofundme:
- Sign in to your account at gofundme.com/sign-in and navigate to your fundraiser
- Scroll down to "Donations"
- Select "Say Thanks" under the donor's name and start typing in the field to send a thank you
Computer or mobile:
Steps to send a thank you note from a computer or mobile device shown above.
If you send an individual thank you from the app, you'll have the ability to save your thank you message as a template, so you can send it to new incoming donors.
Be sure to keep up with your thank-yous as donations come in, otherwise, you might be spending some time trying to catch up!