Why you need to verify your phone number
For personal fundraisers in select countries, you may be required to verify your account by phone. Verifying your phone number before you withdraw allows an extra layer of protection whenever you are managing your funds.
You will need to make sure that you use a phone number in the same country that you created the fundraiser in. For example, if you set up a fundraiser in the United States, you will need to have a code sent to a US phone number within the 50 states. If you set up a Canadian fundraiser, you will need to verify with a code sent to a Canadian phone number.
When you need to request a code for phone verification, enter the 5-digit code contained within the message, and not the 6-digit number (732873) the code is sent from. You will have 10 minutes to enter the code.
For US accounts only, please note:
- The voice code is an audible call from a 10-digit number (+1-714-707-3260).
- The text code is an SMS message sent from (866) 436-3330.
If you are having trouble receiving the code, please try the following troubleshooting steps to re-send it:
- Use a different device. If you’re on a mobile device, use a computer instead (or vice versa).
- Try a different browser. Google Chrome and Firefox in incognito mode are generally the most reliable.
- Switch to a different internet connection. If you're using mobile data, switching to wifi or another strong internet connection can help.
- Contact your phone provider. Some providers may block text messages that are auto-generated.
- Clear your cache and cookies.
Need to reset or change your phone number? Please fill out this form.