Documents won't be needed for every customer, but our payment processor may request them in order to ensure that your money reaches you safely. Even if you’ve already received some money, we may need you to upload additional supporting documents to send your remaining balance.
How to upload documents
- Initiate process by clicking the link provided in the email titled “Action required - withdrawal setup failed” OR from the “Bank transfers” area of your GoFundMe dashboard
- Select the "Confirm your identity" section under "Automatic transfers"
- For personal details you’ll upload using the “ID document” button, and for bank details you’ll use “Upload bank document”
Documents must meet the following requirements:
Personal government-issued ID
- Not expired
- Full legal name that matches bank statement and name entered for transfer set up
- Clearly visible color photo
- Front and back of ID (as separate images) or full passport photo page
- Show all information - no redactions
- The file size must be at least 100 KB, but no larger than 10 MB
- JPGs work better than PDF formatting
Personal bank statement
- Full legal name
- Bank logo
- Account or IBAN number
- Date, showing it is less than 30 days old
- Sort code (if in the UK/ ROI)
If you don't have a statement available, you may use:
- Voided check (in color)
- Direct deposit form, signed and stamped by bank employee
- Bank application, signed by a bank employee
- Bank letter, signed by a bank employee
All of these documents must still show the requirements listed above.
Note: For ease of verification, all of this information should be shown on one page. If shown on multiple pages, the document may need to be sent for an additional manual review.
All requirements listed above must be included and printed on the document, not handwritten.
Organization’s bank account
- Please click here if you are transferring funds to an organization’s bank account.
Trouble with document verification
If your documents haven’t been verified, it’s likely one of the reasons below. We’ve suggested a solution for each, but if you continue to have trouble, please contact our team by submitting your documents here. For all uploads, make sure the image is high quality and all information is clearly readable.
- Names on your ID and bank statement do not match the name entered during transfer setup
- The ID or passport you are uploading is expired
- It will be best to add a trusted friend or family member as the beneficiary. Learn more here.
- Bank statement shows a credit union member number rather than an account number
- Ask the bank for a statement showing the last 4 digits of your account number
- Bank statement is more than 30 days old
- Ask the bank for a recent bank statement
- Bank document does not show your name, the last four digits of your account number, or your bank’s logo
- Ask the bank for a statement showing the necessary information