Sharing your fundraiser with your social network is often the key to success on GoFundMe, because the more you share, the wider the audience will be for your fundraiser. You might not be sure where to start, but luckily, we have some tips to make sharing on social media easy.
Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter are the most commonly used platforms for sharing, and they’re a great way to get the word out. Each platform has its own capabilities, such as posting a story or “going live”. You should choose whichever option you feel most comfortable with, but the important thing is to make sure you speak from the heart and explain why you’re raising funds.
How to share on social media
- Post on your Facebook timeline with your fundraiser link and a brief description
- Create a post on your Instagram and choose a compelling photo to accompany it
- Add to your Instagram story each week with an update on your fundraiser
- Post on Twitter with the link to your fundraiser and a call to action in your description
- Add your fundraiser link to the bio section on all social media platforms, which can be done in your social media account’s settings
For all of the options listed above, be sure to include something along the lines of “Please consider donating to my fundraiser and sharing with your friends and family”.
If you’re looking for a creative way to share your fundraiser on the platforms listed above, you can create a fun visual to post using these Canva templates: