To ensure funds reach you safely, our payment partner may request you upload an image of your government-issued photo ID. The document must meet the following requirements:
- Not expired, not a temporary ID
- Full legal name that matches bank statement and name entered for transfer set up (ID must belong to an individual 18+ years of age)
- Clearly visible color photo - make sure there are no glare spots
- Front and back of ID (as separate images) or full passport photo page
- Show all information - don't cover or edit out any information
- We need to see all four corners of the document
- The file size must be at least 100 KB, but no larger than 10 MB
A few additional tips:
- The easiest way to upload an ID document is to take an image with your smartphone camera–it doesn’t need to be a physical, scanned image.
- Try to set the ID on a plain background.
- JPGs work better than PDF formatting.
Please follow these steps to submit your ID for review:
Step 1: On your Transfers page click your bank account card
Step 2: Continue to our payment partner’s secure information portal and click on your name
Step 3: Scroll down on the verification page and click ‘ID Document’
Step 4: Select your ID type and follow instructions to upload your ID images. When you’re done, select ‘Complete’
Step 5: Select ‘Back to GoFundMe’
If these steps don't match what you're seeing in your account, please review this article instead.
Re-uploading a document
If you've already uploaded a document that wasn't verified and need to upload a different one, follow these steps:
- Initiate process by clicking the link provided in the email titled “Action required - withdrawal setup failed” OR from the “Transfers” area of your GoFundMe dashboard
- Click on your bank account under "Saved accounts"
- Then click "Continue to Adyen" or "Continue to Stripe", depending on your payment partner
- Click into the section, identity or bank, that has a red banner, and the button to upload, will be in the bottom, right corner beside the "Edit" button
If you're still having trouble with these steps, please submit this form.