US, Canada, Europe & Australia
If you would like to issue any refunds on your campaign, please reach out to us by clicking the "Contact us" button within the Help Center. Please note that refunds cannot be reversed and will be fully returned to the card the donor used within 3-7 business days. If you have a beneficiary, we will need to ask their permission as well.
If you've already withdrawn the funds, you may need to refund your donors outside of GoFundMe or we may need to first recover the money from your bank account depending on which payment processor your account is set up with.
Stripe Accounts: Select European Countries & Australia (before October 8th, 2018)
If your GoFundMe account is connected to a Stripe account, you can follow these steps to issue refunds. Stripe is our partner who processes payments for accounts in Australia (before October 8th, 2018) and select European countries. You'll know if your account is connected to Stripe because you will receive an activation email from them after signing up.
- Log in to your Stripe account here
- On the left-hand side, click "Payments"
- Click the three dots beside the payment you would like to refund and click "Refund Payment"
- You’ll be prompted to select a reason for your refund before confirming. Once you confirm, your refund will be successfully completed
- You’ll then see "Refunded" next to the donation, within your Stripe dashboard
Note: All refunds on Stripe take between 5-10 business days to return to your donor.
If you're not sure if your campaign is set up with Stripe, just contact our team and we'll be happy to help.