If you would like to issue any refunds on your campaign, please reach out to us by clicking the "Contact us" button within the Help Center. Please note that refunds cannot be reversed and will be fully returned to the card the donor used within 3-7 business days.
If you've already withdrawn the funds, you may need to refund your donors outside of GoFundMe or we may need to first recover the money from your bank account depending on which payment processor your account is set up with.
Accounts based in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, and Switzerland, along with a few of our Australian customers, have Stripe accounts. These customers can refund on their end without contacting GoFundMe.
If you click "Withdraw" from within your GoFundMe account and see a mention of your Stripe email, you can use that email to sign into Stripe using the link below and then follow these steps to issue refunds:
- Log in to your Stripe account here
- On the left-hand side, click "Payments"
- Click the three dots beside the payment you would like to refund and click "Refund Payment"
- You’ll be prompted to select a reason for your refund before confirming. Once you confirm, your refund will be successfully completed
- You’ll then see "Refunded" next to the donation, within your Stripe dashboard
All refunds on Stripe take between 5-10 business days to return to your donor.